Labour Day gives organisations an opportunity to appreciate their employees and let them know how thankful they are for their contribution and dedication.
Looking for labour day 2023 office celebration ideas? This list of fun and exciting activities is all you need.
How To Celebrate Labor Day At Work
This is how you can carry out a Labour Day celebration at the workplace in 2023.
- Early Kickstart To The Weekend
Who doesn’t like a three-day weekend?
You can plan out this day weeks in advance and shorten your employees’ workday, giving them an early start to the weekend.
You can either let your employees know about the shortened workday beforehand or let it be a surprise. We definitely opt for the latter one. It will add a smile to their faces and make them feel valued.
- Organise A Company Picnic
You can shorten the workday still and take your employees out on a picnic. This will give them an excellent opportunity to bond with their managers and colleagues.
You can also go above and beyond and invite their family to the picnic. Turn labour day into a retreat day and help your employees relax while being surrounded by their loved ones.
- Appreciate Your Employees
If you have been searching for employee recognition ideas for Labour Day, we have tons of them. Some of them include:
- Send out personalised, handwritten notes appreciating your employees for their hard work and dedication.
- Take this opportunity to recognise your talented and best-performing employees publicly.
- Encourage employees to appreciate and recognise the hard work of their peers.
Keep this different from your yearly bonuses. Bonuses, in any form, add to an employee’s satisfaction. It encourages them and keeps them motivated to perform well on the job.
Bonuses don’t necessarily have to be cash rewards for your employees. They can be gift cards, tickets to their favourite game, paid time off or a health program to push them to a better self.
- Host Team Building Activities
Everyone enjoys team-building activities if and when they are planned well. These activities promote employee engagement and foster communication between colleagues.
Your aim of team building activities must be to keep the air light and bright. Don’t make it too competitive. It’s Labour Day 2023 celebration; let your employees have fun while engaging in such activities.
Some exciting team-building activities include:
- Escape Rooms: There are plenty of organisations that host escape rooms. Tackling puzzles and solving clues together help enhance the problem-solving skills of employees.
- Scavenger Hunt: Divide your workforce into diverse groups for an office-related scavenger hunt. Mix different teams together so they get an opportunity to meet new people and get to know their team members more.
- Informal Brainstorm: If your employees are full of ideas, you can set up a panel of four judges and ask your employees to present their business ideas to them. This could be an excellent way for you to find your employees’ strengths.
Whatever it is that you plan to organise, just make sure you offer refreshments to your employees.
- End The Day With Swag Bags
Everyone loves free gifts and swag bags; you could leverage that. You could either make it a basket full of locally-sourced goodies, such as cakes, cookies, jams, bags, socks and more. Or you could send out hoodies branded with your logo. Or other merchandise with your brand name on them.
You can send help your employees end a work day in a happy and cheerful way.
There are several ways to celebrate Labour Day at your workplace. Whether you choose to send your employees out early or host a picnic for them and their families, your main objective should be that they have fun.